Last weekend was the annual wagga and district model show. I missed the first one as we had just arrived in Wagga and didn’t know they held an annual show. Anyway I had plenty of time to prepare for this one. I decided to build a Ducati Monster (Carl Foggerty Version). Model was constructed over several months (weekends only) and probably took about 30 hrs to finish. Attached are some photos of the model in various stages of construction.
The day of the show came and Gill and the Girls helped me transport the model to the show. I registered myself and the model in. The bike went into the street bike section. The section was well represented with 15 other modellers in the category. The show ran over two days with judging taking place on the Saturday night and the awards presentation taking place on Sunday.
I stayed and looked around the show on Saturday afternoon and had a look at the stalls that had set up. I was impressed by the stalls some were selling model kit at 50% off retail prices other were selling loads of accessories. I ended up spending over $200 and came away with six new kits.
On Sunday I walked into the exhibition hall feeling quite nervous with this being the first ever model comp I had entered. (I never felt by kits were up to scratch) I walked around the display tables looking at the winning models and seeing if I agreed with the judges. Eventually I came across the display table with the street bikes I tried not to look at my bike and slowly started up the line. By the time I got to the 5th bike in the row it had a little piece of paper next to it with a 1St written on it. I knew my bike was nowhere as good as this kit and it well deserved the 1st position. I continued on down the line until I came to my bike and sitting next to it was a certificate saying Silver 2nd position. To say I was surprised was an understatement I was just happy to get my model judged let alone attain second position.
I hung around until the closing presentation was taking place and the 1st place medals and best in class and best of show medals and cup were presented. Some of the prizes given with the cups and medals were quite expensive model kits.
I am now onto my next kit (A scratch built model of a bridge) and will have many more kits completed by the time the next show comes around.
The day of the show came and Gill and the Girls helped me transport the model to the show. I registered myself and the model in. The bike went into the street bike section. The section was well represented with 15 other modellers in the category. The show ran over two days with judging taking place on the Saturday night and the awards presentation taking place on Sunday.
I stayed and looked around the show on Saturday afternoon and had a look at the stalls that had set up. I was impressed by the stalls some were selling model kit at 50% off retail prices other were selling loads of accessories. I ended up spending over $200 and came away with six new kits.
On Sunday I walked into the exhibition hall feeling quite nervous with this being the first ever model comp I had entered. (I never felt by kits were up to scratch) I walked around the display tables looking at the winning models and seeing if I agreed with the judges. Eventually I came across the display table with the street bikes I tried not to look at my bike and slowly started up the line. By the time I got to the 5th bike in the row it had a little piece of paper next to it with a 1St written on it. I knew my bike was nowhere as good as this kit and it well deserved the 1st position. I continued on down the line until I came to my bike and sitting next to it was a certificate saying Silver 2nd position. To say I was surprised was an understatement I was just happy to get my model judged let alone attain second position.
I hung around until the closing presentation was taking place and the 1st place medals and best in class and best of show medals and cup were presented. Some of the prizes given with the cups and medals were quite expensive model kits.
I am now onto my next kit (A scratch built model of a bridge) and will have many more kits completed by the time the next show comes around.
4 comments:
Congratulations on getting 2nd place, we are proud of you out here in Texas
thank you and we do apologise for forgeting Bens Birthday
thank you and we do apologise for forgeting Bens Birthday
Looks pretty good, though I think you missed a bit under the mudflap ... Serously, well done. I hope the prize money paid for the new models.
Post a Comment