Thursday, October 2, 2008

All in a days work



Having moved away from the culvert team on to the building of the local road at Zone 2 one of my first jobs was to build the biggest single culverts on the whole contract. Culvert N2 410 is a 66m long 4.2 x 3.6m internal culvert. It’s to allow cattle to safely transverse the HUME Highway.
Anyway the first job was to engage my old team to build it (there was no way they were going to pull the wool over my eyes) The zone had to get the excavation ready for the culvert team to come and start building. This was where my previous knowledge came into play and the excavation was dug exactly as the culvert team would like it or at least as I would have liked it as the culvert team leader.
Hole dug, the team came along and started building and they did a fab job. They probably built the best quality culvert on the whole job so far. ( I think they were trying to impress me) and they did.
So here are a few photos of the team at work. I’m not in it as I’m taking the photos.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

you should have the weather widget showing your temperature, then i can compare, still need to get Allan to attach a similar one to mine. Alcohol might work!?