Tuesday, September 30, 2008

My New Bike




A couple of weeks ago I bought a new bike (just happened to have a few Aussie dollars under the mattress) After a few months I settled on a Suzuki GSX650F. Mark actually suggested it.
Anyway I’ve had the bike for a couple of weeks now and put 750Km on her. Yes it’s a she as I prefer to ride the opposite sex. I must admit I’m very pleased with her. She starts at the first push of the starter unlike a few bikes I’ve had. The engine just purrs away not missing a beat, a quick blip of the throttle and the engine whines up to the 12000 rpm in no time. Once on the road the gear box is pretty smooth with none of those nasty clunks you get from some bike if you don’t hit the sweet spot of the gearbox.
The bike is fitted with Bridgestone battleaxe BT010 front and BT020 rear and they give good grip and feel. The handling is better than any bike I have ridden and I feel confident on it. Power output is about 80bhp not too many horses that’s probably why I feel comfortable. The steering is relatively light but you still get a good feeling on what the front end is doing and the back end is well planted and when it does let go it lets you know in a gentle fashion.
The brakes are a little too soft for my liking and could do with a bit more bite. This may well develop as they get fully bedded.
Overall a good middleweight sports tourer. I am still running her in a the moment and will give you an update once I have fully opened her up

No comments: